Writing and Submitting an Article
To begin submitting articles to HinP we strongly recommend you read our guidelines below to discover exactly what we are looking for and to ensure your article meets our requirements. Reading this page will also improve your writing along with improving your chances of having your article approved on the first submission. Now that you understand our requirements you’ll be keen to get started on creating your first article. Once you have written your article the next step is to submit it to SoccerSouls for approval:
1.1 Log into the site using the Writer’s Login link in the menu of the front page along with your username and password combination that was sent to you in a separate email.
1.2 To write a new post, click the “Submit Article” button (shown at the top of the website)
1.3 You will now be presented with the main Add New Post screen. Choose your Title (wisely) .
1.4 Choose the relevant Categories, Tags and read through your article at least twice to make sure it reads correctly. When you are happy with your article click on the Submit for Review button on the right-hand side of the screen. We aim to have your article reviewed and published within 2-3 hours of receiving it.(excluding weekends)
2. Adding Images
We are currently in the process of building our own image library. As you can imagine this is an ongoing process. However in the meantime to ensure we do not breach any copyright infringements we will add a relevant image to your article. As the site grows we will look to come to an agreement with one of the major image suppliers to broaden our image library.
3. About the Author
At the end of your articles there is an “About the Author” segment where you can send a short bio of yourself. Just update the bio in the edit profile section. You can give your twitter or blog link there too.
4. Read and Comment
Do take time to read the articles and add your comments at the end of each article. Your comments and feedback are extremely important to not only us as Editors but also to the writers so please find time to add your views on the subject matter and also the writing style of the author.
Here are some ten basic tips that will make you a great travel writer.
1. Uniqueness : First and foremost rule. Make sure your writings are unique and not copied from any other online or offline sources.
2. Topic : Writers have the freedom to write about anything that is related to Palermo. From food to festivities, from monuments to mafia the choice is yours.
3. Title : the title is a very important thing to any article. Make sure your title is eye-catching but not too long. A good title should be short but flashy enough to attract readers.
4. Word count: A good article should be at least 450 words. Anything less than this will probably mean lack of depth in the article’s content, it may still be read but it may not have the desired impact.
5. Content: Make sure all the facts, statistics and information provided in the article are accurate. Well-researched articles always help to build your reputation as an author.
5. Images: Try to include at least one image in your article. There are many sites such as Flickr who can provide royalty free images. Please provide the link of the picture in the post so that our editors will add the image and post it.
6. Format: Make sure you follow the basic format rules. Keep your paragraphs short, use subheadings, spell-check your article etc…
8. Category: Please make sure you choose the correct category for your article. If you cannot find a relevant category then let us know and we can either create one for you or place it in an existing relevant category. Also, add any tags to your articles that you feel are relevant.
9. Frequency: “How often do you need me to write?” is one of the most asked question from writers. Well, the answer is: “whenever you can”. Some writers can produce 2-3 articles a week, others 2-3 a month. It really depends on how serious you take your writing. If you are looking at gaining a following then you should be looking to write at least 2-3 articles a week.
10. Writing style: Have your own style of writing. Who knows? You might one day end up writing like Brian Phillips or Jonathan Wilson.
11. Quote your sources: always give proper reference to the stuff you quote in the article and also to any transfer related stuff.
12. Exposure and marketing your article: We will do our best to market your work and make it visible to thousands of football fans around the globe. We share the article in our well followed social network pages (Facebook and Twitter) and we also post the articles to many directories to get more reads. We strongly advise you do the same and market your own article by sharing it wherever possible.